Monday, May 01, 2006

so, it's my last day of college; nothing too exciting. I did have a serious of semi-panic attacks yesterday and I wanted to scream after finishing the 12 pager for Comp Feminism, but otherwise I treated myself to a 2:30 AM dance party to my pseudo -Club Hell/80s playlist on my ipoddie.

When I took the bus to Douglass for class, we passed by the fountain, where they were rallying for International Workers/Immigrant Rights Day. It made me happy to see all those people there, i wish I could join them, but I have to study for an exam and make up more excuses. In class, some ladies were acting all pissy about it. It got on my nerves, and what made me a little bit more pissed was that they were all white. If anything we're not Native Americans, so I don't think anyone in that classroom had to really say anything. So, if you're reading this and it's still early in the day, don't buy anything, don't sell anything, and show some form of solidarity. I am a first generation kid here in the states, and granted, i live in a middle-class subdivision in princeton, and that's because my parents' worked their asses off. These workers and immigrants are doing the same thing, so we should be discounting their efforts. It's hard. It's hard probably where they are from, and it's just as hard here. I think it's hard for most people anyway. They're picking up the grunt work that other people probably won't ever dream of wanting to do (PLEASE don't try that taking jobs away from American bullshit with me), so tell the cleaning lady or they dude who's making your sandwich THANKS once in a while.

I'm just really anxious to finish the day up. I'm super tired too.

No comments: