Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I've given up! I got my third pair of boots (a lovely Corso Como pair from Nordstrom) in the mail today. They do not fit. I don't think boots are in my destiny for this fall anyway. I also bought a bunch of fun beauty stuff- already stocking up for some xmas gifts! I know, I'm silly, and it's far too early, but with a certain amount of beauty purchases, I got a great bag of premium samples-Bulgari, L'Occtaine, Bliss Labs, philosophy, Vera Wang, Clinque, Lancome, Smashbox- all sorts of goodies! Even a set of fake eyelashes. How fun! However, I bought a Voluspa candle (one of my favorites) and the tin arrived all sorts of dented and I couldn't open it! How disappointing.

Speaking of problematic purchases, I bought the world's most complicated scale. I figured I should get one to keep progress of my weight during my work-out/lose the fat/get buff n' stuff goal. It programs my height, age, sex, and body fat percentage. But apparently no one else can use it? I haven't read that far into the instruction manual. My mother has already decided she cannot use it because describing it to her was too complicated.

Anyway. I went apple picking with a bunch of friends this past weekend and it was fun. I feel kind of autumned-out; impossible, but maybe. Though I am enjoying this weather, and I fear of how colder its going to get. I'm going into the city to see Carin who I haven't seen since Vegas (GASP! I know!) for dinner at Florent. I keep on meaning to pick up a notebook to start keeping write-ups of restaurants and other significant food places. Angela, our west coast sales rep is coming out in February and says I should have some places for her to check out. I like to have a nice arsenal of places to recommend to friends and out of towners, it's good to have favorites.

It is freezing! I watched this movie EAsy last night, which I hadn't watched in ages. So good! I forgot how charming Marguerite Moreau was in it. If you've ever slept/dated/whatever jerky guys, or boy-hopped, you'll identify. Now, I am watching a documentary about Elizabeth the I. I brought my mom to the movies on Monday night and we saw Elizabeth the Golden Age. They showed a trailer for Atonement- made me cry (I'm a big softie when it comes to that book...the love...the war...oh! I live for war-torn romances).

No comments: