Saturday, April 19, 2008

Hey! You're part of it.


I went to a show on Thursday night. It has been ages since I've been to a show like that, and I loved every minute of it. It was Piebald's final NYC show; the third to last show (The final two being in their hometown, Boston). If it Weren't for Venetian Blinds... & We Are the Only Friends We Have is always in heavy rotation on my i-pod and are two such feel-good albums. I put them on, and I'm instantly in a good mood. I haven't seen Piebald live since sometime in the early aughts back when Skate and Surf use to be a big thing. The show was bittersweet and fun and I felt like a kid again. Denny and I felt nostalgic for shows like that since most of the bands that would put on a show of that caliber have since broken up or have fallen into obscurity.

We talked about our fantasy line up for shows that will never happen. We limited to those whose band members were still alive and had the option to choose their set lists. Mine:

1. The Get UP Kids (sans The Guilt Show. They can play On the Wire though. Must play all songs from Something To Write Home About and Four Minute Mile)
2. New Order
3. Smashing Pumpkins (w/ Jimmy Chamberlain)
4. Death Cab for Cutie
5. The Smiths
6. Piebald (just because their final show has been one of the best shows i've been too)

Since, I've been nostalgic for Piebald, old Saves the Day, Get up Kids, Bouncing Souls, Lifetime, Midtown. It's all I've been listening to.

No comments: