Sunday, April 23, 2006

weekend shmeekend
so I didn't do anything very interesting this weekend. I planned on doing some work, but I slacked off yesterday and watched Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire instead at my parents' house while I did some laundry. I love HP so much, it's a bit embaressing. I also feel slightly dirty watching it, because Dan. Radcliffe is totally hotness. He is also 16.
Today was work and we got out fairly early. I'm now printing out stuff to work on my presentation with. I am going to finish that tonight. Tomorrow starts the beginning of the end. I have lots to do (i'm sure you, the reader, are sick of hearing that, as most of my posts are about how much work I have to do) so I'm sure I'll be in the comp lab lots, updating this instead of doing constructive thinking. But I work well under pressure. I'm sure there will be plenty of late nights.
I did get off for my birthday (!) so hopefully the gary will stay over and we can go get pancakes sunday morning. Other than that I will be studying for my exam and doing last minute work, so it won't be an interesting day. But the next weekend (or prob the week after) I will be celebrating the end of college and turning 23.
My nails are absolute shit and will be going down the same path for the rest of the week. I can't wait to be a priss and get a pedi/mani on may 2nd (before my APO banquet). I took another book from the unedited proofs shelf at work, Suite Francais by Irene Nemirovsky , which has been talked about abunch because they finally published the complete 5 story cycle. The author was sent to Auschwitz and the stories are about France pre-during WWII. Sounds interesting. I am also on a quest to figure out the entire works of Emile Zola, well the Marquet-something cycle. I really hope I don't end up buying all his stuff and then being disappointed/bored. I doubt it. I really enjoyed Ladies Paradise, which is surprising because I don't usually like Victorian lit.
I'm dreaming of the crafting that will be done after college. It's very pretty!

No comments: