Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I'm almost all ready for my trip. My bags are packed, I bought like 7 magazines, and everything else that I would possibly need. Except for Nicorette patches, these I'm still holding off on, becuase part of me thinks I'll be able to beat smoking cold-turkey style, that my 20 hours in the air and in airports will be the hump I need to get over, and then I'll be in the clear. BUT, I still am thinking about picking them up, because on the other hand, I don't think I can.
I'm in love with the North Face backpack I bought for my trip. It's super comfy, but it weighs a ton. Sorta. I think I brought too many things to read. oh well.
While driving back from my errands, I saw an interesting license plate. At first I thought it said GOOBLES, which I started cracking up at, because it sounded so funny, but as I got closer it really said GODBLES. oops. Speaking of God and stuff, I'm probably going to have to go to church a couple of times, which I'm looking too foward to. I think I might go only if my grandparents go. oouf. It's not that I'm an atheist or anything, I believe in God, and maybe even Jesus and stuff. But yeah, I haven't been a practicing Catholic in years. I can't even tell you when the last time I went to church was. Organized religion sometimes creeps me out.
I'm excited about my trip, I kept on thinking last week, "This time next week, I'll be in the Philippines!". I'm also very nervous, because I'm traveling by myself, and I can't help but be a little anxious about being duped, kidnapped, etc etc. But, it's mostly hope that my luggage won't get stolen. I'm especially excited to see my grandpa and grandma, and my cousins and family both from the PI and from Seattle. I'm excited about seeing my Lolo's plantation, laying out in Boracay, seeing the Chocolate Hills in Bohol, drinking lots of calamansi juice, and chowing down my gramma's fried chicken.
Still, the time away is pretty long, a little under a month, but in my planner, it only takes up three pages. I just hope I will be able to enjoy myself, and that I won't get sick or anything while I'm over there. Diarrhea Sucks.

No comments: