Wednesday, September 06, 2006

blah. i was going to go to sleep when i got off of work (approx 2 hours ago, midnight) but instead I decided to put artwork on my Ipod, artists a-g. I was going to wait until tomorrow, buuuut bryan told me how to do it and I just got anal about finishing each letter group. oouf. i have so much more to do. it's pretty cool though, cos I have lots of music on my ipod yet, it's just about halfway full. sweet.

today was mommy's bday. we went to friendly's and ate fried things. i'm not used to eating such greasy food so much, my tummy was hurtin' for a little bit, but it was nice to have a family lunch. my dad is impressed regarding my recent acquisions- my computer, printer, camera, and even though i've had it since december my ipod ("oh, you have one of those? wow. is it the same thing as an mp3 player?" oh, daddy). ate a huge sundae. blah!

work was blah. so I have this crush who comes in the cafe to study (i don't know if i mentioned this in an earlier post. it's a recent kind of thing) and i'm pretty sure he came in today, but i didn't know if it was him for a while because he came in sans laptop-the first time i spied him he was behind his computer the whole night. so yeah, i'm pretty sure it was him, i was a little thrown off because when i approached him from behind he didn't look as cute as i remembered. but then i saw him from a different angle and yeah, so I'm pretty sure it's him. Ha. I was able to get a glimpse of the book he was so into; it had some graphs and a bunch of numbers, and he was scribbling down numbers and junk. I hope he's some sort of mathematical genius. A mathematical genius who will sweep me off my book-selling feet and whisk me away into the land of integers and other assorted mathematical figures that i'm not familiar with. sigh. but of course that will never happen, because i will not talk to him, but instead stare at him from various points in the store (info desk, over in bargain, by the new cooking octogon, biography-e-f bay, etc etc) and he will be too buried in his work to even notice. again, sigh. he dresses very well though- good jeans, hoodies, adidas sambas, messanger bag. hullo! part of me wants to roll up on his shit and be like, "hey, i sell books, you read them, lets go out" but then again i don't know how that would go over. i feel that therew ould be some sort of creepiness attributed to the whole situation if i where to go ahead and do that. but then again, i heard a rumor that bookstores are a fabulous place to meet people. as if. he probably has a girlfriend. or not, because um hello he's in a bookstore from 7pm to 11pm. maybe he doesn't even speak english, and then we can just push this silly crush business under the rug. i'm not in the mood to learn another language at the moment.

i had this one customer, some young kid, at least 18 because he had arm tattoos, who was just effing obnoxious. but not to me, just plain obnoxious. to the world. like when we asked him if he needed help (he was looking at the guiness book of world records, the pictorial edition) he answered, "no, i'm just looking at the stupidest people in the world" as in, "the guiness book of world records is full of the stupidest people in the world". well, dude you got some stupid tattoos, and he was just oouf! i guess someone stared at him wrong and made some sort of remark. oouf. sometimes i wonder if i come off as that obnoxious, because i do have my moments. especially at the store. after i showed him where dante's inferno was (apparently, he's just so cool that he can dis record breakers, yet can't find dante on his own? i think we're dealing with a inferior complex problem here), i wondered if, when i made my side remarks, under my breath or kind of snap at my family members when i'm with them in public, people thought the same thing i thought about that kid. oouf. talk about a reality check. i should really try to be more tolerable at work. or, um get a new job.

tomorrow i close again. oouf. and on thursday. blah blah blah.

No comments: