Saturday, November 25, 2006

holy batman, it's almost december!

So, yeah, it's almost December and it's getting colder (or is it? I don't think so). Being at the bookstore, and getting ready for another holiday season has made me think (yes, yes, it's the usual thought)...new job! Well, yeah, but for real. I was thinking about staying there until grad school, but you know what? I don't know when I want to go to grad school. Thinking about it, if I were to go in fall 07, that will be less than a year, and i don't think I'm very ready. Both emotionally, financially, etc etc. I think I'd rahter work another year, really focus, and not be so distracted, and enjoy myself right now, so when the time comes, I can really concentrate. RIght now, I picked up a second job , at williams sonoma (yay for a kitchen torch, madeline pans, and good spatualas!) and I'll be working like crazy this next month. I have a feeling december is going to fly by- I have plans each weekend, and will be busy during the week, and soon enough it'll be january; another year, another start.

Other than work, I've been hanging out with boyfriend a lot. We're having a lot of fun, and I really like him. Last night we went into the city, to Chelsea, got some italian at intermezzo, and went to see a play at the Atlantic Theater Company. We saw the Voysey Inheritance, which took place turn-of the century, Victorian England and is about Old Money, Family Secrets, and etc etc. A lot of stock characters (the slightly crazy older brother major in the army, the artist, the bratty money hungry sister, etc etc). i really like the fact that we go on dates, as opposed to just hanging out all the time (which we do enough of anyway).

Christmas is coming! Yay! Depsite the fact that I get somwhat annoyed around the holidays, due to work, traffic, over spending, etc etc, I am a big softie for this time of year. I love getting the holiday issues of all the food magazines, Martha, REal Simple, etc for all their ideas. I already have all my shopping lists ready, the stuff that I'm making for people set...now I just need the time to do it all...I vow not to step foot in a mall (other than the one I work at )- online shopping works for me. I'm excited about all the baking and cooking that I have planned- various treats to bring into work, the holiday wine tasting where me and my one group of friends ar going to exchange our secret santa gifts, christmas eve, christmas, etc etc. My big ting this year is truffles. The very idea of them make me want to produce mountains of them...and then eat them all. I want to make some other than the typical chocolate almonds, etc...how about dark chocolate with orange peel and a hint of Galliano liquor? hmmmm...we'll see what I come up with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow your December sounds so much better than mine. Let's switch!