Tuesday, December 05, 2006

hungry holidays

It's 1:30, and again, I am not sleeping. I am tired, but I always find a way to put off sleeping, despite the fact that my eyes are closing as I type this.

I've realized my spelling skills are going down the drain. Today at work I couldn't find a book via keyword search because I couldn't spell ENCYCLOPEDIA for the life of me. Also, I don't think the title existed and it wasn't completely my fault. I just now had to go back through the past two sentences due to the the excessive amounts of comma action going on. I need to be stopped! (comma comma comma comma comma). I am somewhat in the mood to write again, but I haven't installed Microsoft Office yet (I bought it in October. UMM oops).

Christmas is in 20 days! Wooowie! HA. Work is going allright, considering I don't work the busiest days of the week, and on Sundays it usually clears out after seven. We'll see as xmas gets closer. As for my own gift giving pursuits, I've gotten a good amount done: my mom, my Secret Santa with my cousins, 1/2 of my Secret Santa with the Gang, and a couple of friends. I'm going with my Dad tomm. to get him sneakers (I got a coupon! yay.) and I'm ordering stuff for the boyfriend tomorrow. I've made the game plan of all the tasty goodies I'm going to make for my friends and family. I test drove the peppermint bark today, and it came out excellent.

I've been inspired by the gig at Williams Sonoma (which is pretty neat, I only work about 1-2 times a week, so it's not that bad) where I'm a gift wrapper. I sit in the back all day, wrap the stuff that customers want wrapped and in the downtime make those fancy gift baskets/gift sets of their merchandise. So, I went to Michaels today with Nick and checked out their selection of tins, goodie holders, shrink wrap, etc. Martha has been a helpful muse as well, as I pour over her handmade holiday magazine t least once a day. I'm really excited about this surge of creativity...while at Williams Sonoma, I was shrink wrapping some hot coccoa/marshmellow sets, content with the power I held in my hand- my trusty heat gun, and had a passing thought of quitting everything and opening up my own gift basket/crafty company. Then I realized I had bills to pay, so maybe I'll make this idea into glorified gift giving when need be...aka I'll make gift baskets of goodies and you pay me for them! Well, after the holidays. Lets see how my cookies come out first.

The xmas spirit is invading me, but as much I love to give, I also like to GET...Here's my wishlist of sorts:

-no debt! haha.
-a new sewing machine
-Poloroid camera and film
-cookbooks! (In Nirmala's Kitchen, Tartine, Mark Bittman's How To Cook Everything, Memories of a Philippine Kitche, What to Drink with What You Eat)
-kitchen torch
-dessert carrier
-Henri Bendel candles in jasmine and lavendar
-Doe Pendant Necklace from urbn.com
-The Appleseed Cast cds- Two Conversations, Low Level Owl II, Peregrine, etc.
- the first 3 Harry Potters in Hardcover

yay!


So, I finally figured out this flickr thingie, and there's one on the sidebar. Look at my pics!

No comments: