Wednesday, February 14, 2007

happy valentine's day!

so I feel loads better. My work week is a total vacay: I ended up calling out early Sunday for my closing shift, then left early due to still not feeling well on monday, and today and yesterday we closed the store early because of the weather. SWEET.

I didn't do anything special today for v-day. I was pretty happy we were going home early (though the greater population of princeton was probably pissed bc where-am-i-going-to-go-on-this-snowday. go to fucking borders dudes or stay at home with the books you bought last week). I bought Marie Antoinette today (!) which I love. It's so frikkin girly; I love the costumes, the desserts, and I have allowed kirsten dunst to reenter my life since I saw it back in October (we were on a break during that whole oooh i'm with jake gylenhaal thing). Plus Jason Schwartzman, I mean does it get any better? I watched it with my mom over some weird paella thing she made tonight. Whatever, it was warm and gooey.

Nick was off today and because of the weather he wasn't about to come down here, nor would I let him. Tomorrow we celebrate. I ordered him abottle of wine offline which I should be getting on friday, hopefully. Note to you all, you can't order wine into nj or pa! Maybe it's only by a bottle, next time i will get a case.

I wrote some letters today, updated my book journal (for my Remains of the Day, Atonement, and Brave New World entries). I started About Alice last night by Collin Trillin; a damaged copy I got free from work. It's very short, and I like it. Trillin writes about his late wife (he's a staff writer for the Times, writer of other family-humor kind of stories). It's very cute-that's not really the word-very heartwarming, endearing, and even the in the few pages I've read, it shows he really loved his wife. A nice V-day read, indeed. Next up on the book list is The Cement Garden, by Ian McEwan. I think I've become a fan, but I shouldn't say that until I read another book of his (he wrote Atonement. SO GOOD).

Oh, btw, I have an interview on Friday. Wish me luck! You know what that means? Shopping! haha. I need a professh shirt. I honestly don't have one. Well, I have one but it won't match my black pants. And some shoes. Cos all my shoes have bows on them. Not very profesh.

No comments: