Saturday, February 10, 2007

sick day.

i bought these Stacy's pita chips with cinnamon and sugar. I ate a couple, and I would be better satisfied if there was some sort of dip, maybe a sweetened cream cheese kind of glaze. I thought they would be like churros. I put one in the microwave. They are not like churros.

I'm watching the food network, which is airing all chocolate related shows all day long in honor of st. valentine's day. i want truffles right now. i did buy dark chocolate with almonds, but champagne truffles would be better.

I want to leave my house very badly, but I know /should stay at home so I can feel better and go to work tomorrow. I don't know where I would go either. I would love to go shopping, but the mall I prefer is too far, and wait! I have no money. I was thinking about going to target. I wish I had bought some bad magazines to read, but I do have some reading to keep my occupied, which will allow me to utilize my brain cells in a better way.

I made some crafts yesterday. Though I was sick, I went up with nick back to his house. We went to michaels and bought craft supplies. He painted, and I made these little plushes. I only made two, which don't look very good. It's too cold in the basement to go sew, plus I have to get all my stuff together, since my mom scattered my supplies all over the basement since I've moved in. Built by Wendy has cute spring patterns; one is for this dress:http://builtbywendy.com/onlineshop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16905&category_id=296. I think it's darling.

I'm going to read some of What Color is my Parachute?, get depressed, polish up my resume, and send it out to at least 5 places today.

I don't think people make churros anymore. In the latest food and wine, the back page recipe is for churros with hot chocolate- how lovely! I want to make those tonight.

What happened to being the type of sick where you dont want to eat anything at all and sleep all day long...?

2 comments:

emily said...

Yeah Xtine! I'm sickly and gross too! I didn't realize that there were new BBW patterns out and now I know. Please send/post pictures of what you've been crafting!

elephantcore. said...

what color is your parachute! yessss! i got your message on sat, and i know i'm a hypocrite/aweful cause i haven't called back but there's a lot going on right now, so much that i can't quite put my finger on what is most important although i have a pretty good idea. hopefully i'll see you soon and until then feel better & happy job hunting.