Sunday, November 25, 2007

SIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGHHHHH

The baby shower went off without a hitch. Everyone loved the favors and decor, most importantly Tricia and John. John cooked a lot of fabulous food, people brought desserts, and my cupcakes were way better than the Bent Spoon's. Dare I say? Yes, yes I do :) I was worried about the frosting job, but they're beautiful, and of course I took plenty of pictures (of both the cupcakes and baby shower), so I will post some up here.

During Thanksgiving and today, I was able to talk to John,and I just want to say how happy I am that my cousin is married to him, because he's such a sweet guy. My mom talks about how 'cute' he is, because of his short size (he's shorter than me, like 5'3") and his Army-stature walking. Anyway, him and Tricia are adorable together, and I am so happy that they're having a baby. A prospective name is Miabella, which is pretty. Miabella Gabrielle? It's an option, and most likely what they'll name the baby. I wasn't much help with names, as I like old stodgy ones. Like Catherine (not Cathy. ugggh).


OK, time for some well-needed rest. I want another party to come up so I can make favors. The favors I ended up making were plain paper mache boxes with the labels and the multi-colored m&ms nestled in tissue, and tied together with pink and orange thin ribbon. I think they're darling, and maybe I will make something like that for the gang's xmas gathering, though I've already bought some glassine envelopes to keep big cookies in. Tomorrow, though, I am looking forward to sleeping in, online shopping, and reading and perhaps cleaning my room and wrapping xmas presents.

My wish list for this year:

-external hard-drive (too many pictures. too much music. ugggh. my shit's gonna blow up)
-Voluspa candle set
-things from Anthropologie. They have these chocolate bars that are wrapped in a beautiful, BEAUTIFUL embroidered wrapper, and I love it and want it, though I would never buy it myself.
-Vosgses chocolate; the exotic truffle box, plz thks
-cupcake carrier
-Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix DVD
-cuddles
-stocking. I really miss having a stocking. SIGH.
-some rest.
-a personal assistant for work.
-Mariebelle Mexican hot chocolate


Muahzz.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi i miss youuuu.