Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Turkey! As I'm waiting to get my eat on, I'm working on doing stuff for Tricia's baby shower. I'm getting nervous, cos as I was going to make up the baby bingo cards for the gift opening, I looked at her registry, and NO ONE HAS BOUGHT ANYTHING. UGH! Well, not exactly. I know her one aunt-in-law is sending her a gift. Also, I bought something for her. I know some of my cousins are getting her gift certificates to Babies r' Us, fine. My mother bought her some clothes for the baby, fine. But what about everybody else? Ugh. I guess baby bingo won't be as fun, and I should put 'Gift Certificate' under the thing. I told her I didn't want her to buy all this other stuff, but she doesn't really listen, and she ended up spending all this money on these balloons she wants. I went to the party store to make my order for balloons, and the woman said that it would be $5.00-$8.00 per balloon- the ones that she purchased, that are humungous. I dunno. I'll get them for her, but it's kind of like, I can't think of a bigger waste of money- honestly. I have regular balloons, and maybe I'll get like two or so blown up, but it's like, seriously. UGH. I'm not mad at her, maybe I'm just venting cos no on on her husband's side has really RSVP'd, so I'm expecting either 30 or 70 people. Great. Fucking fabulous. HA! oh, and the favors are a disaster, so I have to go out on the busiest shopping day of the year to buy something else- luckily I have a back up idea. I mean, i think everything is going to be really cute and fun, and I just hope that she will have a good time, get lots of stuff (I really, REALLY hope that people get stuff for the wishing well, cos when I talked to my aunt, and she was like oh, yeah that what is that?), and you know? I understand her wanting to buy a lot of stuff for her shower, as I'm a bit of control freak when it comes to that stuff, but I kept on telling her to stop ordering stuff oneline, but what can I do- butt heads with preggo, hehe? I'm looking forward to it, and hopefully things will fall to my side- people show up, people bring gifts, people don't drink (ugggh, don't even get me started on this), and all will be well.

i'm a bit piturbed because none of her family has really contacted me to help with anything- I'm not asking for it, but I mean, even to just tell me who is really coming and who isn't. And everyone is like, oh I don't know what to get her...um she has a registry. I just want people to bring her gifts, so she doesn't have to go out and buy all this stuff- she's due next month, guys! ugh. Anyway, it's time to get my turkey on.

Gobble gobble, to you and yours. <3

No comments: