Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I have a presentation in my Comparative Feminism class tomorrow, and for the life of me, I cannot get through the article I have to present. I started reading it last night, and then I had a welcomed distraction in the form of friends; Bryan, Brian, Jim, and Doris were in the area and me and Emily hung out with them for a little bit. Returned to the article today, and in the gaps in between classes I haven't finished it yet. My partner who is to present with me sent me her presentation, and she basically just cut and pasted relevant/irrelevant parts of her section and asked the same questions that the author asks. How frustrating is that? I sent her back a response and told her (nicely) that she has to put it in her own words and provide her own examples and questions. I also emailed my instructor about my own questions and she hasn't gotten back to me yet. I don't even know how to structure my presentation, and I've forgetten all past presentations. Perhaps I am losing my mind.

I also have been thinking about the amount of work that I will have to do throughout this month. So much! I have some sort of paper, exam, or whatever each week for the remainder of my college career. I can't wait for the 5th of May; all this will be over.

The Targum (school newspaper) had another special insert about college grads and job searches. I started reading an article which stated the first step of finding a job was to write a resume (duh). I felt somewhat secure because I skimmed the title and it had the word 'senior' in it, so I assumed that it was for grad. seniors. BUT then I reread the title and it was for future seniors aka people on top of their shit, aka people who probably have had more than one work experience aka not me. When it all comes down to it, it's my fault; I should've worked on one sooner. I just hope I can find a job come July (when I get back from the PI) and that it will be awesome and rewarding and all that bullshit.

No comments: