Thursday, April 13, 2006

it's too nice to do technological things...

It is beautiful outside! Today i've been so happy, mainly because of the beautiful weather. I finished a Greek and Roman Myth exam about an hour ago. I think I aced it. I particularly enjoyed the section we were studying: heroic myth. My favorite myths are the stories preceding the Trojan War; the house of Pelops in the Peloponeus. So much treachery, so much fun!

I am exhausted though, and I've had a little bit of allergy act-up today. Home is boring though, I think I might go read outside for a little bit or call John to go get dinner; I owe him one- he is constantly feeding me via Brower take out subs and the like. It's so nice to have good friends; especially those who bear food.

So, after this weekend, it's the home stretch (insert gunshot or trumpet blast). I made out the schedule of all the stuff I have to do; the papers, exams to study for, general bladdity-blah-blah. I'm not too worried about it- I do have time, and the weather is nice so I can't complain about not wanting to leave the house or anything. Wish me luck! i'm planning a pedicure/manicure/ and haircut after I'm done, as well as various events celebrating my graduation aka drinking 40s in my cap and gown. Pictures will be taken, don't worry.

I went to the 'senior salute' street fair they had today. I checked out the senior week stuff, but I don't think i'll be going to any. I do want to go to Medieval Times because a. it is awesome b. you eat with your hands and c. its so much cooler than Rennaissance Fairs. I don't if anyone will want to come with me/or if I can invite anybody else who's not a Rutgers College senior. We'll see. I did enter that drawing and one for AC and Avenue Q. It would be cool if I won.

I got a sweet business card carrying case today, though. It's part of the initiatory package you recieve as you pass into the adult world. Plus pamplhets: How to Get Along with Your Parents After College and You're Adult...Now What? Splendid.

I'm also in the process of asking profs to write recommendation letters. I don't know how to go about this, but I did get one of my instructors who i'm pretty cool with to do so. Preparation for the future rules!

Well, it's time to enjoy the remaining sunlight. I hope you enjoy it too!

1 comment:

jmk said...

Good entry! Good times. when are we going to southwest burrito?!