Monday, April 10, 2006

Weekend warrior.

This past weekend was lovely. I got to see a lot of friends I hadn't seen in a while. After my post on Friday I bought myself some new jeans at Target, Brokeback Mountain, and Chronicles of Narnia on DVD and went to my parents' house. My mom had bought a Crave Case from White Castle, and my brother ate most of it, and usually I don't eat meat, but I was too lazy to go out or cook anything (it was rainy) so I ate four. I also made mini cupcakes for Erica's birthday and to bring to Mike's on Saturday. Mini Cupcakes are the devil. I ate about five of them; they're so tiny, you can't eat just one. Awful.

Later on that night I watched Chronicles of Narnia and then unpacked everything in my room. It's rather clean; Gary commented on that on Saturday. I guess because everything I didn't need was sent home to Princeton, and I organized really well. I went to sleep rather late, even though I was exhausted.

Saturday, I slept in and called up my friend Lillie. She lives about twenty minutes away from the Bruns, but I never get to see her. We're busy folks. I went over, and saw her sister and brother-in-law (who she lives with) and their two kids, the twins Katina and Marcus. So CUTE. omg. They're about nine months. This was the first time I saw them since they were just born. I think. It is possible that it was the first time I met them too. Megha also stopped by before her (direct quote) "occultish engagement ceremony" for one of her family's friends. It was nice to see her. I caught up with Lillie and we talked about Bloomfield folk; ie my exboyfriend from back in that day and how weird he is, old friend LJ who I haven't seen since his grad. party last spring. I wish I had more time to talk to Megha, I miss her a lot even though I don't act like it. I owe her a letter.

Gary came over after I came home from Lillie's. We went up to visit Mike, who moved into his own place in Hoboken. Getting there was a trip, as Hoboken is just a bunch of one way streets, tightly packed with cars. Parking was impossible, so after Judi (who was driving around for a spot) told us we were parked in a 'loading' area, I got paranoid. So we went to a garage, but in there Gary noticed one of my tires was getting low, so we paid 8 bucks to park for 12 minutes, and went to the only gas station in Hoboken; the Hess and BP one right after you get off the road from 495. That took a half an hour bc of the night traffic, one way streets. Blah. We filled the tire up and proceded to drive back. At first we didn't know what to do, and I got super frustrated with the situation bc it had taken us so long to get to Hoboken, and I really wanted to see Mike, Judi, and Carin; who I haven't seen since February. The drive back to Mike's was another 20 minutes, along with parking. But, we got back, parking in the garage again. We spent the rest of the night (not too late, because I had to open at the store on Sunday and mike had to go into the office) watching food network and eating mini foods; the cupcakes, mini tacos, pizza bagels, and canolis. Unfortunately for me and Gary, the trio had eaten all the pigs in the blankets by the time we got back from our flat tire journey. Dammit. Gary and I had watched an hour block on the food network before leaving for Hoboken about hot dogs. Mmmm.

Leaving Hoboken was frustrating as well. I drove Judi out to her car bc she parked several blocks away, and with the one-way streets we ended up having to go all the way out in the opposite direction and then back towards 495/route 3/turnpike. Hoboken is now the LABYRINTH. NExt time I go visit Mike I'm taking the train.

I also punched the ticket machine in the parking garage after it didn't give me back my ticket/process my credit card. I'm worried that it did process it and I'm going to get 8 charges for 10 bucks on my next statement. I will cry.

Sunday was uneventful; I worked all day, saw Ashley Marty, one of my friends from work who I hadn't seen a long time. We had cigarettes. I went home, bought groceries, and ended up talking with Beth for a couple of hours. We also attempted to read for an hour or so until we decided we were too tired. I think everyone, well except for Susie turned in super early last night.

I can't believe it's the tenth already. Beth and I agreed to go on late night computer lab dates. I have to start doing work for finals...tomorrow. The end nears!

No comments: