Monday, April 17, 2006

so yeah, it's monday and for the next two weeks I'll be tied down to some apparatus (maybe my bed, if I get lazy) reading, writing, and doing the hardcore college countdown dance. At least at the end of all of this, I can say I'm done and wash my hands of academia for at least another year.

Yesterday was easter, and I had work. So many people were in the store. I really wished people would take these opportunities to spend time outside, or at least go buy the books you keep pulling off the shelf, buy them, and go read them in the park. I guess just seeing so many people in a place of commerce on a holiday is upsetting; I mean I respect people who don't celebrate these holidays, but i remember back in the day, my friends who weren't christian would spend those days with families, and hang out and stuff. Maybe our world is becoming soo isolated; that's why there's a need for these self-help books and bullshit. Maybe people just don't know where to go anymore. I guess I can understand families coming to b&n; maybe they don't know if the library is opened, or even know about it at all. But , I guess to sum up yesterday; it sucked. Plus, a lot of people were super bitchy, and I was ready to punch someone in the nose. What's new. We did have a potluck at work, and there was lots of yummy food. Everyone loved my chana masala.

I swung by my relatives place after work. I got to see my little cousin Miles, who's about 2 months old. So fucking cute. holy shit. I also saw briefly, my three cousins from new york, te three brats as I call them. I wished I could have seen them a little longer, though. I ate more there.

I fell asleep at midnight and I couldn't get out of bed until 930 today. boo to me. Well, I should go read and get to work.

No comments: