Thursday, May 18, 2006

Okay, kids. I'm officially an alumnus of Rutgers College.
Yay! Boy, what I would pay Not to have to go through the ceremony ever again! It was nice, but seeing that my best friends were graduating at other colleges or had already, I didn't have any one close to share the moment with. Plus, it was hot and we were standing around for a while, just because RC screwed up with the order, so we all had to move around. By the time we sat down, I was starving and tired. The night before I didn't get too much sleep because I was too nervous/excited about today.
We had a lot of speakers, including two student class officiers. The girl who did the class address SUCKED. She seemed very full of herself, and I'm sure she meant to say some good stuff and whatever, but most of her speech was about her and how when she came to Rutgers she met poor people. Well, at least that's how it sounded to me, my family,my cousins, and those sitting around me. What an idiot. She sucked. But the class president had a really awesome speech, about memories at Rutgers and things very unique to Rutgers, and though I'm not an overly sentimental person regarding Rutgers, it does hold a special place in my heart. Afterall, I did spend four years growing up and learning about myself in the dirty bruns. When I have kids, I'll bring them around and show them all the places their mother fell over drunk.
So in honor of graduation here is a list of things that will be missed about Rutgers/New Brunswick:
1. The fact that free food was at my fingertips- via special events, the genorosity of friends' meal plans, sneaking into Brower (that's right! I snuck in like five times, motherfuckers! because i am the awesome)
2. The way the sidewalks sparkle because of all the broken glass that litters the pavement
3. 110 Louis st. It was the better of the two apartments I've lived at in New Bruns, and it and my huge attic room will be sorely missed.
4. the basement of 27 Robinson St. Though this house was dubbed the 'shit house', many a good memories had taken place there: the fall Radigals all-lady rock show, Fourway-Milkshake danceoffs, shows, shows, and shows from 2004-2005.
5. West End cafe. Who cares that it's been taken over by public planning grad students? I love the atmostphere, especially on Saturday mornings.
6. La Familia pizza. Good pizza, hands down
7. The widespread availbility of Arizona 24 oz cans of sweet goodness. oh man. now I have to drive to get to such thirst-quenching remedies.
8. Bishop Quad on College Ave- the area for Hot Dog Day, and when the weather got nicer, my ass was parked on those benches reading.
9. The Lost and Found/the Alpha Phi Omega office. Oh man, so many useful minutes/hours have been spent here, doing stuff such as crosswords, gossip, dancing, eating, banter, interviewing, that could have been spent else where, but who cares? It was fun and it was always a place I could count on finding someone cool there (well, for the most part).
10. drinking. because obviously, college would have not been the same without watermelon flavored smirnoff (drank straight out of the bottle, because me and Emily were champs that night), peach schnapps, PBR, Miller High Life, Jack Daniels, and the assorted sodas and juices to accompany it. Thank you, thank you.
hmm. I have a couple more, that I can't think of. I'm realing from how tired I am- I had a dream last night that I forgot my cap and had to walk back and get it and by the time I got back to campus, graduation was over. Geez. Also, my hair is a mess, and I'm somewhat regretting the fact that I lobbed off three inches. But, in the Philippines, I will probably be wanting to cut off all my hair.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Def Will Miss RU! But yeah Seniors 06!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»