Tuesday, May 23, 2006

oouf, sorry for the lack of updates.
I've been somewhat busy; moving, lack of internet access in the Bruns (everyone's moving out...no more hijacked signal!), working, etc etc. I can't believe I'm moving out soon, but I've been spending some time at home, trying to get adjusted. I think it'll be okay. It will be a blessing to do laundry at will, instead of waiting for three loads and all my towels to be dirty to go do it.
I'm a bit concerned with the idea of transition. As you know, I will be going away to the Philippines for a month, so I won't really have time to settle my room back at my parents' until july...I will be only picking out the stuff I need to bring with me. I do have grand ideas for my room...maybe I will be further inspired in the PI...I'm going to buy a lot of capiz...so pretty. I'm thinking yellow, a giant bird mural (of sorts...), and finally, the use of this beautiful capiz shell lamp my mom got for me a couple of years ago when she last went to the PI. I have the summer to work on it.
It'll be different to be actually settled...when my parents first moved down to Princeton, I was moving away to RI so I didn't really make an attempt to decorate or put everything away. Then when I moved back during the first 2 years at RU when I commuted, I didn't bother, because I didn't have time and didn't feel like it...my room was a mess. And, last summer, I knew I was moving back to New Brunswick so everything remained in boxes. Hmpf. Well, it's all coming out now, and honestly, I don't know where I'm going to put everything! I'm too much of a hoarder/packrat/consumer for my own damn good.
I am excited about building a craft space in the basement. It sucks that there isn't much natural light that goes on there, I really hate florescent lighting. The pool table is also a distraction. Perhaps I can hone my sewing skills and brush up on my game...the summer holds many a plan.
Other summer plans: get a new job. Katie, one of the three close friends I have at work, is leaving, and I am Determined to get any job that's not B&N when I get back. I really really really hope I can find something. They promoted this girl, Dara to head cashier and she is the SUCK. omg. I'm super catty about her, because she, well sucks. She told me that she needed to 'thrive' in an urban environment because as a 'poor little Jewish girl from Hightstown' she just ' Needed' it, so she went to school in Wayne, NJ. Okay, I used to work in Wayne, and yes, it is close to Paterson but UM it's not that bad! Plus she had the nerve to try to one -up me, when HELLO! I go to school in New Brunswick , home to the rape/gunshot/mugging special. Not that the Bruns has worried me during the time I've lived there; I've been smart and not do dumb things like walk around on the wrong side of town at 3 am, etc etc, but UMMM it just peeved me she would say something like that. I grew up on the southside of Bloomfield, mother fucker. Not saying I'm fucking balls-tough or what have you, but PLEASE don't try to fucking one up me with that. PLEASE. She does that with a lot of things, and she has a bossy streak, and she sucks and she said she was once engaged to someone who lived on Busch , and um she looks like a horse. OOUF!! SQUARED!
Well, I got to head back to New Brunswick, pack, and go to sleep. I am supposed to go to my friend Lillie's pinning tomrrow morning (she finished nursing! ) but I have to call her about that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»