Wednesday, July 19, 2006

bladdity blah blah blah. So, my mood has lightened up since yesterday's post. Today I went out with my bro to his school- Raritan Valley Comm. Coll, so he gets use to the commute, and then to Bridgewater Mall, where I bought some shit I really didn't need like body butter and lip liner, but whatever. Oouf. I need to stop spending money! A day doesn't go by, where I don't buy something- coffee, tea, choco-covered graham cracker, cooking magazines, off the shoulder asymmetrical sweaters, etc etc. The maddness must stop! I think I really ought to start crafting so help appease this consuming monster hidden in me. Maybe that's my response mechanism to depression: buy everything I see. Oouf. Lets hope not. I'm going to write out a budget. One would think, after quitting smoking that I could see how much money I'm saving, but I end up spending it anyway. Like on cheese sandwiches. At least that's food...food=need, equals OK. But seriously, I should stop spending so much money. I figure if I hang out a picture of the Ibook i desperately want and need above my nightstand, I will be inspired to not buy that 20 $$ white tea body creme, and instead put that away for a rainy day.
I did the eliptical today again. I'm starting to tire of working out. I mean I do it, but it gets boring. Maybe I should start jogging outside at night, when it's cooler. I went for a walk last night with my mom, pre-storm, and it was nice. We talked about stuff; religion in the Philippines, homoesexuality in the PI, the ending to Picnic at Hanging Rock (P@HR is one of those movies that has an 'open' ending, and my mom can't accept that fact, so we spent like 2 hours talking about what happened. oouf) etc etc. I rounded out the night by watching Dario Argento's wonderful Suspiria...SO GOOD! it's a horror movie, but it's not that scary (to me) because everything is dubbed. The style of the film, however is AMAZING. The use of blue, red, and green remind me of Amelie, the fashion is amazing and inspired me to sketch out my fashion plates if I were to re-do Suspiria, 2k6. But I would never ever think of re-doing that movie...it would be a complete travesty. If you haven't seen it, are a fan of foreign horror movies, go!
I've been thinking about doing Netflix ever since I graduated, now that I have all this time on my hands. There's a bunch of movies I want to see/should see (according to other people) and I haven't gotten the chance to. A lot of them are criterion/foreign and NF has a good selection. There are also some tv shows I want to catch up with /watch (the canceled Life as We Know It, Lost season II when that comes out, Perfect Strangers...is that even out on dvd? well, it should be, etc etc etc). My list begins with Altman's 3 Women, Linklater's Slacker, Gilliham's Brazil, etc etc. Any suggestions? I want to get into movies that are really stylized...after my sketching frenzy during Suspiria, I think I might just do that with other movies I watch. I want to do it for P@HR, Amelie, Mean Girls (that super trendy shit is insane, i heart that movie ha), etc etc.
Now, if my sketches could materialize as clothing. I wish I sewed more proficiently; I'm going to pick up the new Wendy Mullin's sewing book in September (she is the designer of Built by Wendy which I love/can't afford most of the time) and it comes with 3 patterns which are super cute. Part of my wants to start sewing more stuff for myself instead of buying, but sometimes buying clothes is just plain easier. Baby steps, baby steps...
Speaking of sewing clothes, Project Runway is on tonight!! Highlight of the week! I am sad. I'm wondering who is the figure of 'American Royalty'. It better not be anyone Bush related. Maybe it's Jackie O's niece/whatever. I don't know if she's American though (I think maybe Greek) whatever.
I bought my own groceries today: 2 bags of salad, hummus, 3 tomatoes, and a bag of pita. It was like 12 bucks. I'm hoping it'll last me a week. HA. I kind of wish I still smoked (I had the biggest effing erge today to light up) to keep off hunger pangs...also I use to smoke like a mother when I was depressed. Oh well, time to turn to big girl depression tactics like buying 20$ body cream and venti nonfat carm. machiattos.

No comments: