Tuesday, September 26, 2006




hey hey hey.

some news:

2 new issues of Ratti Pillo:

#2: Ratti Pillo/The Philippines- about my trip to the PI. Includes mini recipe book.
#3: Ratti Pillo/.inbetween.-about my post-collegiate summer

#2 is 2.00/or zine trade//#3 is 1.00/or zine trade

~~~~~~~~~~
anyway, Sunday was Philly Zine Fest. It was a lot of fun. Stephanie came down from NY on Saturday to stay at my house because of our early start on Sunday. We went into princeton for some indian food (yay masala grill!) and felt like grown-ups because we were having fancy food and fancy conversation. I somewhat miss having someone to talk politics and activism with, like I do with Steph. After walking around p-ton and observing the yuppies, we went back to my place, watched Donnie Darko (director's cut, bitches), and put together our zines.

Sunday, we left early and got to the Rotunda by 1030. More tablers came, and we saw familiar zine friends like Meg who runs gladys sells things and her zine I Hear You Like Stories, Elsie from Chinese Sweatshop, and I also saw Jess from In-hope.com, who is a crafter (and a pretty awesome one at that). We actually talked about forming an NJ craft mafia of sorts. She was telling me how well she did at Renegade Craft Fair back in June, and I told her about how my sewing machine broke. It would be cool to have some ladies to craft with, and if anything, on the business aspect of things, have someone split the costs for tabling and advertising-shit gets expensive.

I was able to trade for a lot of stuff, but since I didn't ge tto craft (my sewing machine broke. it's pretty devastating, and I dont know if i'm going to buy a new one or try to get mine fixed again. we'll see) I didn't have a lot of new stuff. So, I didn't make too much on that side. I'm actually just trying to liquidate what I have right now. Maybe I will post some pics up here or whatever. But, I did get a lot of issues of my newest zines, which I'm pretty proud of. They're a little bit more substantial than past ones, and I did work hard on 'em.

Other than that, my plans next are looking for a new job and um grad school fun-time. Yay. I got a lot done today: finished a birthday comic for Tishon, went to the Post Office and sent out amazon stuff I sold, package for Nisha, and other mail, went to the supermarket and bought enough groceries for under 30.00, and painted my nails. I still have work tonight, but I'm feeling good that I did something with my day.

mmmkay bye.

No comments: