Tuesday, September 19, 2006

SO....

I posted a free profile on match.com. For shits and giggles, and a particularly boring Friday night. I told myself that I wouldn't sign up for it, just see what goes on in the world of internet dating. In desccribing my online dating venture I've gotten mixed responses- from "Why???" to "It feels weird to me...like they send you a catalog of mens" to "That's cool, see anyone you like". I don't know my whole opinion of it. I mean, I'm pretty sure I can meet mens in the 'real world', but sometimes it's nice to cruise around these sites and see what's out there. Plus, it's always fun writing about yourself (it's my inner narcisist).

Now, on match.com you can't send e-mails or reply to them unless you are a paid member. The only thing you can do is 'send winks'; and say you're not interested or send one back. Okay, so i've gotten a lot of 'winks' (i feel slightly dirty when I say that), and mostly from 36-49 year old guys who are Fugg and stuff, older guys at 30 (some Fugg some not), and like maybe 1-4 who are 25 (i don't remember if they're fugg or not). Maybe like 2 cuties. Anywhoo, I told myself that I would sign up for a trial month period if I got 15 e-mails.

Today, when I opened my gmail....SOMEONE HAS SENT YOU AN EMAIL...this is #15. Oh boy. Now I feel slightly obligated to try it. I mean, part of me is just interested in seeing who email me. Maybe it's the cutie I winked at. Boy, was he cute. He is 26, a documentary film maker, and lives in brooklyn, and apparently an EnrgticTrvlr. Oh, and he kind of looks like a model, like sports, cafes, and intelligent shit like history. Does that even exist?

Sigh. I mean, I haven't been concentrating on my dating life. It's pretty much non-existent, and I don't mind it. I just feel like I should be meeting someone, or something, I dunno. IT's weird. Jen at work told me that someone at work wanted to ask me out. Now, this guy is someone i've known for a while, and I'm no where near attracted to him. HE's a nice guy, don't get me wrong, but he has his issues and I just don't want to deal with that, plus dating a co-worker. I feel that most of my life already revolves around that damn bookstore, and I certainly don't want another relationship to come out of that place.BAH. Where are all my cute computer IT/engineers/curators at?? haha. I need to go live somewhere else, this NJ dating pool is getting stupid and boring.

3 comments:

elephantcore. said...

LOL fugg!! you kill me christine, kill me. yeah, so i hear ya on the nj dating scene - it does get old after a while, although you haven't really 'dated' anyone up there. do it up girl. go out with that guy from the bookstore. let him take you out to dinner. then diss and dismiss. you never know when the opportunity to recycle and reuse will come up. wow, i sound horrible, don't i.
also, are you coming here next weekend? i think i saw a thing on alexis' myspace, but you didnt really tell me...let me know! i wanna see a million places here with you!!

christine. said...

oh you. if you knew the guy i was talking about from the b&n then you'd be like 'oh'. anyway, i'm sort of talking to this dude from RU so shut yo mouth! haha. annd this other dude. so yeah. haha. c'mon, you know you like hearing about my trials and tribulations.

and yes, i will be visiting on the 30th with the judi. we're probably going to take the train down? are you going to go visit me at philly zine fest? this sunday? do ittt.

Anonymous said...

he lives in bklyn!

i've thought about those dating sites but never joined. let me know how the venture goes.

Q