Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Where the EFF is my Feb. issues of Lucky and Domino?!?!

Seriously, I got a frikkin subcription because I love reading these magazines and imagining all the pretty things that maybe in the future I can buy, but how can I drool over a new capiz chandelier or the hottest pair of gold Prada pumps if I don't get the magazines??? I got the special deal where it was both mags for 20 bucks, which is pretty cheap; less than a dollar an issue...but nooooo.

Speaking of magazines, where is my Food and Wine ANNND my Martha Stewart Living?? I need to get my glossy, irrelevent reading on...

In other litereary news, I picked up Heart Is a Lonely Hunter and am making my way through it. I hope to finish it by the end of the month, so I can say I finished a book already. Lately, i have been on a cookbooks Binge-fest, therefore not really reading, but imagining the tantalizing recipes I could possibly make, if only I had other people to cook for or was hosting a fancy event to serve my dishes. Weeelll, I cook for Nick on a frequent basis, and he's a fan, but otherwise, no one else. My mom cooks her own food, and usually doesn't eat my stuff, just cos there is all that already-made food. AHHHH.

My mom. Tonight when I got home from work she was in super nag-you-even-though-you-just-got-in-and-are-probably-very-tired mood. Nothing too serious:

- asking the whereabouts of my boyfriend last time he slept over. Nick works by me, and sometimes it's just easier if we're hanging out that he spends the night either on the numerous couches in my house or in the guest room and go to work the next morning. :You sure he didn't sleep in your room? His coat was downstairs. Do you sleep with him? (Ummm, what do you mean, mom? Like lay together in the same bed? Or like penis-in-vagina?) You can tell me. (No, I can't. Well, maybe in a couple of months, when you sort of realize I'm 24 and not a child. Not like writing this up in my blog is childish in any way. )

-"I looked in the paper today for some jobs for you....look, one is in customer relations...and the other is a personal assistant". AHHHH!!! I don't think I can be content with being a secretary or a personal assistant. I did a stint in it, and I didn't like it. I'd rather be working on something...I don't know how to explain it, but Mom, I'm working on it...

-"You should see if jen's mom wants to throw the wedding shower. IT's just going to be too much responsiblity if you and your friends do it....you and her friends should all split her cost when you have the bachelorette party (yes, I know)....(in regards to booking a hotel room the night after the wedding/reception) oh they opened a Residence Inn by The Manor? That'll be okay...you and all your friends could just split a suite (yeah, I don't think that'll jive well with me, Nick, Megha, Ryan, Judi, her date, Wendy, her man, etc etc etc...yeeeeah)....How are you going to get your hair done? (geez, I have no clue).

oh, and of course...

-"Oh, and what do you plan on doing with yr life?"

!!! However, I decided I'm going to bring her to afternoon tea, one of these days at this place called Tea WIth An Accent in Yardley, PA. My co-worker was telling me about it. They serve you tea sandwiches, mini desserts, soup, etc. Apparently, it's decked out Laura-Ashley, Shabby Chic, and there's a gift shop where you can buy teacup pendants strung on grosgrain ribbon and other useless stuff, that me and mom will probably end up buying a lot of. It's funny how we're so much alike, though.....of course.

3 comments:

Emily Violet said...

OMG I miss you. That BN visit the other night was just a teaser! I'ma call you sometime this week, but until then, enjoy this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWR7yriz7Ik

elephantcore. said...

WOW -
sometimes i get really sad that i haven't lived at home in 5.5 years, but then again, i don't really miss this. although it's really annoying when my mom calls me EVERY DAY to ask me what i ate, what's going on with my job search (did i tell you about this new endeavor?), life, current work situation, what i ate again, what i will eat tomorrow, to be careful when i walk to the gym, etc. i often get short with her and then regret it, but hell, i know i'll be the SAME exact way when i have kids...suck!!!

christine. said...

emily- i miss you too! you should come hang out with me on saturday. i have no money to go out after friday (gotta pay my billzzzz) so i'll just be sewing all day.

This invitation actually goes out to anyone who wants to stop by!

megha- we will always and forever be our mothers. unfortunately. haha.